Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garden Space
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Food Group -> A Black Isle Growing GuideMessage format

dawn
Posted 2011-04-18 20:20 (#656)
Subject: Garden Space

Would anyone be interested in sharing some garden / allotment space?
I have a reasonable area which I am gradually converting to good garden ground with own manure, mulching and general grunt. No real idea how this could be managed. It is more important to have a compliment to personality, ideas and enthusiasm. Would consider help in exchange for veg/ fruit. Or designated area for one to establish how they wish or any other ideas welcome. Interested or questions let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Anne Thomas
Posted 2011-04-21 16:15 (#659 - in reply to #656)
Subject: Re: Garden Space

Extreme Veteran

I have a few interested people round North Kessock and one working landshare in this area
dawn
Posted 2011-04-22 17:49 (#661 - in reply to #656)

Not sure if you mean you are doing something similar at NK? I'd only imagined sharing with another x1 but interested in your experience.
Anne Thomas
Posted 2011-04-23 20:48 (#662 - in reply to #656)

Extreme Veteran

There is a landshare website, but I think people prefer a personal introduction so the Cromarty allotment and garden society seems to have managed quite a few partnerships (but still no land for allotments). I've so far managed to pair up one crofter with someone who wanted a bit of land to grow veg and they are both really pleased with the arrangement. Maybe if people posted what they offers and requests for growing space on this forum we could pair up some more people.
Martin
Posted 2011-04-23 21:58 (#663 - in reply to #662)

Veteran

I've suggested (outwith the forum) that Dawn's request could be circulated around the Cromarty Allotment and Garden Soc to see if there's any interest, so I think that angle's covered.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software