Cromarty - Nigg ferry in service
26 June 2016
From a news item on www.cromartylive.co.uk
"The Renfrew Rose has arrived and begun a regular service ferrying cars and passengers between Cromarty and Nigg.
The ferry will depart Cromarty on the hour and half hour from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. It will return from Nigg every 30 minutes at a quarter past and a quarter to the hour.* Fares range from a single journey for car and driver at £9.50 to a return ticket for car and family at £29.00.
The mv Renfrew Rose was built by MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd Ardrossan in 1984 with an original length of 53.9', breadth of 17.8' and draught of 6.2' depth. She was operated by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) as the Renfrew to Yoker Ferry until 2010. Most recently, she was the Burtonport to Arranmore ferry in Co. Donegal.
*Times can be affected by weather and tides."
All ferry enquiries to Dougie Roberston - Highland Ferries 07468 417137
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year
- 10/03/2018 Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
- 09/03/2018 Dingwall Food Assembly Update
- 08/03/2018 Job opportunities - MOO Food is recruiting
- 06/03/2018 'Dolphin Shuttle' bus service to Chanonry Point
- 24/02/2018 Sleeper campaign gets responses - of a sort
- 18/02/2018 BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
- 14/02/2018 TBI members stride out with a purpose
- 11/02/2018 Transition Network's organisational purpose - ideas wanted