Cromarty - Nigg ferry in service
26 June 2016
From a news item on www.cromartylive.co.uk
"The Renfrew Rose has arrived and begun a regular service ferrying cars and passengers between Cromarty and Nigg.
The ferry will depart Cromarty on the hour and half hour from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. It will return from Nigg every 30 minutes at a quarter past and a quarter to the hour.* Fares range from a single journey for car and driver at £9.50 to a return ticket for car and family at £29.00.
The mv Renfrew Rose was built by MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd Ardrossan in 1984 with an original length of 53.9', breadth of 17.8' and draught of 6.2' depth. She was operated by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) as the Renfrew to Yoker Ferry until 2010. Most recently, she was the Burtonport to Arranmore ferry in Co. Donegal.
*Times can be affected by weather and tides."
All ferry enquiries to Dougie Roberston - Highland Ferries 07468 417137
- 10/12/2017 Cukbokie Community Market Saturday 16 December
- 16/11/2017 Transition Network Survey reflects TBI concerns
- 08/11/2017 Lift sharing - new structure for Highland Liftshare
- 06/11/2017 Kirkmichael Trust newsletter - a summary of the project
- 02/11/2017 Dingwall Food Assembly off to a good start
- 28/10/2017 November newsletter out now - Call for Volunteers
- 22/10/2017 'The Wolf Man of Scotland' - re-wilding in Alladale?
- 10/10/2017 MOO Food wins Carbon Clever funding
- 05/10/2017 Learning for Sustainability Scotland October e-bulletin
- 30/09/2017 Kirkmichael restoration complete