Cromarty - Nigg ferry in service
26 June 2016
From a news item on www.cromartylive.co.uk
"The Renfrew Rose has arrived and begun a regular service ferrying cars and passengers between Cromarty and Nigg.
The ferry will depart Cromarty on the hour and half hour from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. It will return from Nigg every 30 minutes at a quarter past and a quarter to the hour.* Fares range from a single journey for car and driver at £9.50 to a return ticket for car and family at £29.00.
The mv Renfrew Rose was built by MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd Ardrossan in 1984 with an original length of 53.9', breadth of 17.8' and draught of 6.2' depth. She was operated by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) as the Renfrew to Yoker Ferry until 2010. Most recently, she was the Burtonport to Arranmore ferry in Co. Donegal.
*Times can be affected by weather and tides."
All ferry enquiries to Dougie Roberston - Highland Ferries 07468 417137
- 18/07/2018 Saving water in the Black Isle? Really? Water saving advice at Community Markets
- 08/07/2018 Grow North bee keeping workshop repeat Saturday 21 July
- 06/07/2018 Highland GardenFest Botanic Gardens Inverness Sunday 22 July
- 04/07/2018 Culbokie Community Market Saturday 21 July
- 18/05/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year