Brilliant 'Start the Week' programme Monday 1 May
30 April 2017
On Radio 4's 'Start the Week' programme on Monday Andrew Marr discussed environmentalism and economics with three wonderfully interesting, intelligent and articulate people - writer and farmer Wendell Berry (from his farm in Kentucky), 'recovering environmentalist' Paul Kingsnorth and 'doughnut' economist Kate Raworth.
It was a coherent and fascinating discussion, and thoroughly worthwhile listening for anyone involved in any aspect of environmentalism or concerned at the mindless pressure towards economic growth.
You can hear a repeat of the programme on the BBC i-player at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08njtjg. Highly recommended.
Recent books by the three participants are
Wendell Berry The World-Ending Fire Allen Lane
Paul Kingsnorth Confessions of a Recovering Environmentalist Faber and Faber
Kate Raworth Doughnut Economics Random House
- 18/01/2018 Gardeners' Question Time and Seed Swap Friday 19 January Tore Village Hall
- 17/01/2018 Serco press release confusion - sleeper campaign continues
- 15/01/2018 Sign the petition - Campaign to save single sharing on the sleeper picks up speed
- 12/01/2018 Could we live without plastic?
- 10/01/2018 Government's environment policy branded as inadequate
- 04/01/2018 UK enjoyed 'greenest year for electricity ever' in 2017
- 18/12/2017 Surprise approval of Greenhill planning application
- 16/12/2017 Switch to energy-efficient street lighting
- 16/11/2017 Transition Network Survey reflects TBI concerns
- 08/11/2017 Lift sharing - new structure for Highland Liftshare