Brilliant 'Start the Week' programme Monday 1 May
30 April 2017
On Radio 4's 'Start the Week' programme on Monday Andrew Marr discussed environmentalism and economics with three wonderfully interesting, intelligent and articulate people - writer and farmer Wendell Berry (from his farm in Kentucky), 'recovering environmentalist' Paul Kingsnorth and 'doughnut' economist Kate Raworth.
It was a coherent and fascinating discussion, and thoroughly worthwhile listening for anyone involved in any aspect of environmentalism or concerned at the mindless pressure towards economic growth.
You can hear a repeat of the programme on the BBC i-player at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08njtjg. Highly recommended.
Recent books by the three participants are
Wendell Berry The World-Ending Fire Allen Lane
Paul Kingsnorth Confessions of a Recovering Environmentalist Faber and Faber
Kate Raworth Doughnut Economics Random House
- 18/04/2018 Transition Scotland Spring Gathering Dunbar 20 - 22 April
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 14/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year
- 10/03/2018 Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
- 09/03/2018 Dingwall Food Assembly Update
- 08/03/2018 Job opportunities - MOO Food is recruiting
- 06/03/2018 'Dolphin Shuttle' bus service to Chanonry Point