Brilliant 'Start the Week' programme Monday 1 May
30 April 2017
On Radio 4's 'Start the Week' programme on Monday Andrew Marr discussed environmentalism and economics with three wonderfully interesting, intelligent and articulate people - writer and farmer Wendell Berry (from his farm in Kentucky), 'recovering environmentalist' Paul Kingsnorth and 'doughnut' economist Kate Raworth.
It was a coherent and fascinating discussion, and thoroughly worthwhile listening for anyone involved in any aspect of environmentalism or concerned at the mindless pressure towards economic growth.
You can hear a repeat of the programme on the BBC i-player at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08njtjg. Highly recommended.
Recent books by the three participants are
Wendell Berry The World-Ending Fire Allen Lane
Paul Kingsnorth Confessions of a Recovering Environmentalist Faber and Faber
Kate Raworth Doughnut Economics Random House
- 12/10/2017 ORDER TODAY FOR THIS WEEK'S COLLECTION Dingwall Food Assembly now open
- 10/10/2017 MOO Food wins Carbon Clever funding
- 05/10/2017 Learning for Sustainability Scotland October e-bulletin
- 02/10/2017 Dingwall Food Assembly revised start date
- 30/09/2017 Kirkmichael restoration complete - Guided tours Saturday 14 October 10.00 and 11.00
- 22/09/2017 Scottish government bans fracking after public opposition
- 18/09/2017 Bottle return schemes - national and local - may be coming nearer
- 17/08/2017 Ullapool sea source heat pump visit Saturday 19 August
- 16/08/2017 Findhorn Climate Change Conference 2019
- 04/08/2017 TBI at St Boniface Fair