TBI responds to Scottish Government Consultation on Fracking
10 June 2017
The Scottish Government's public consultation on Fracking closed on 31 May, and we hope many of you were moved to make individual responses. A response on behalf of TBI was submitted by Julian Paren, and the argument of the response is summed up below in his response to the question
Overall, and in light of the available evidence, what do you think would be the main benefits, if any, of an unconventional oil and gas industry in Scotland?
We see no benefits. We see only a polluted environment and Scotland failing to meet its carbon targets. We cannot conceive that with clean-up costs the industry could be cost effective compared with other forms of energy production.
- 24/05/2018 Another Orienteering Work Party in Culbokie Woods Thursday 31 May
- 22/05/2018 WCCC Conference 2018 Wednesday 30 May Perth
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year