MOO Food wins Carbon Clever funding
10 October 2017
Emma Whitham emailed on 9 October
Just found out we have been awarded £9990 from the Highland Council Carbon Clever Fund for phase 1 of MOO Incredible Edible project. This means will be progressing with community fridge, orchard and growing boxes.
In an earlier email Emma had outlined the project for which MOO were seeking funding
MOO Food is very much in its infancy, although we are building momentum. By the end of this week we will find out whether or not we have been awarded money from the Highland Council Carbon Clever fund to support our MOO Incredible Edible project. The purpose of this project is to create and maintain community food growing spaces within Muir of Ord, including an orchard and growing spaces for the benefit of local people and wildlife. If awarded this money we propose to plant an orchard (along with pupils from Tarradale Primary School) on 17th Nov as part of Muir of Ord’s first Apple Day event.
We will also install 50 growing boxes throughout the village that will be used to grow vegetables for everyone to harvest and enjoy. This fund will also be used to purchase our Community Fridge. All will be supported and maintained by MOO Food volunteers. This will be our first project, which fills us with much excitement.
MOO Food has also applied to the Climate Challenge Fund for funding for a more ambitious project called 'Growing our Future'. View the project summary .
After the end of October MOO Food will have a website at www.moofood.org
- 30/05/2018 Stop Climate Chaos Scotland 'Climate Action' workshop and film Sunday 17 June Eden Court
- 28/05/2018 Cromarty Open Gardens Saturday and Sunday 23 & 24 June
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year