Surprise approval of Greenhill planning application
18 December 2017
On 28 November Highland Council North Planning committee approved an application for three warehouse/office buildings on a site behind the salt depot at Greenhill, near Tore. The same site was the subject of an earlier and nearly identical application which was withdrawn in March 2017. This withdrawal was the last that many people who had objected to the warehouse proposals had heard about the application until they received a letter recently informing them of its re-submission and approval by the Planning Committee. This is one of several worrying aspects of the proposed, now approved, development, which seems very likely to lead to applications for further inappropriate development of the whole larger site.
For more information go to our Environment / Black Isle page.
- 18/01/2018 Gardeners' Question Time and Seed Swap Friday 19 January Tore Village Hall
- 17/01/2018 Serco press release confusion - sleeper campaign continues
- 15/01/2018 Sign the petition - Campaign to save single sharing on the sleeper picks up speed
- 12/01/2018 Could we live without plastic?
- 10/01/2018 Government's environment policy branded as inadequate
- 04/01/2018 UK enjoyed 'greenest year for electricity ever' in 2017
- 18/12/2017 Surprise approval of Greenhill planning application
- 16/12/2017 Switch to energy-efficient street lighting
- 16/11/2017 Transition Network Survey reflects TBI concerns
- 08/11/2017 Lift sharing - new structure for Highland Liftshare