TBI joins GALE
04 February 2018
Our long drawn-out attempt to become a corporat menber of GALE (Gairloch and Loch Ewe Action Forum), in the interests of exchanging newsletters, information and ideas, has finally borne fruit, with the taking of our subscription at the end of November, and now the arrival of their last two newsletters, with a covering email from Leah Ball, with whom Marion and I first discussed the idea of establishing links between our organisations while at Gairloch in May last year.
We have had a link to GALE'S website for some time and have suggested that it might perhaps be possible for their site to be modified to incorporate a page or section including links to the TBI and Black Isle Larder sites, and also those of other like-minded organisations, and we remain hopeful that this idea will be taken up.
Meanwhile please read and enjoy the newsletters, and notice in amongst some of the now out-of-date Christmas material in the first one the interesting idea of 'pocket orchards' - which might well be relevant to our ongoing interest in apple growing on the Black Isle.
For more information about GALE, see their own page at Groups / Gale
- 16/02/2018 'Keeping Warm for Less' Thursday 22 February Fortrose Academy Theatre
- 14/02/2018 TBI members stride out with a purpose
- 12/02/2018 North Kessock Community Market Saturday 24 February
- 11/02/2018 Transition Network's organisational purpose - ideas wanted
- 10/02/2018 Culbokie Community Minibus bid
- 08/02/2018 Sleeper campaign - John Finnie is on the case
- 06/02/2018 Sleeper campaign - read John Finnie in the P & J
- 04/02/2018 TBI joins GALE
- 02/02/2018 Consultation on Ben Wyvis management
- 30/01/2018 INEOS to appeal against fracking ban