Sleeper campaign - read John Finnie in the P & J
06 February 2018
Plans to end “Share with a Stranger” on Caledonian Sleeper condemned
In an interview with P&J reporter Rita Campbell published online on 5 February, Highlands MSP and Green Party Transport spokesman John Finnie said:
“Serco have been high-handed in the manner in which they have sought to alter their fare structure in respect of budget travellers, not travelling together, sharing a cabin.
“Their profit-driven proposal ran contrary to previous undertakings and Serco were taken to task by campaigners for that and right to reverse their decision.
“Sadly, it seems that, contrary to their position at the time of the franchise agreement that the new sleeper would be ‘an iconic Scottish journey available to all from backpackers to business travellers’ Serco say they now want to run an exclusive hotel on wheels."
He added: “I’ve raised a series of questions regarding the layout of the new carriages, and who if anyone was consulted about changed arrangements.”
Read the whole story
The full Sleeper campaign story has been transferred from individual news items to its own pages on the website, at Travel & Tourism / Caledonian Sleeper.
- 24/05/2018 Another Orienteering Work Party in Culbokie Woods Thursday 31 May
- 22/05/2018 WCCC Conference 2018 Wednesday 30 May Perth
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year