Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
10 March 2018
The ever-vigilant Julian Paren has drawn attention to several documents which emphasise the unhappy state of the Caledonian Sleeper franchise contract with Transport Scotland
- A job advertisement by Transport Scotland for a Rail Franchise Commercial Manager in Scotland £56,488 - £67,660 (pro rata for part time), which specifically refers to "contingency planning . . . in the event a franchise agreement is terminated or otherwise comes to an end but no further contract has been entered into in respect of the services."
- Reports of a financial statement by Serco which refers to huge losses attributable to the sleeper contract and to the possibility that they may seek to renegotiate the franchise agreement or withdraw from it altogether.
- A letter from Transport Minister Humza Yousaf to a Scottish Parliamentary committee alerting them to this possibility but trying to suggest that everything is still under control.
Read more about all these developments on our Travel & Tourism / Caledonian Sleeper page.
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year
- 10/03/2018 Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
- 09/03/2018 Dingwall Food Assembly Update
- 08/03/2018 Job opportunities - MOO Food is recruiting
- 06/03/2018 'Dolphin Shuttle' bus service to Chanonry Point
- 24/02/2018 Sleeper campaign gets responses - of a sort
- 18/02/2018 BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
- 14/02/2018 TBI members stride out with a purpose
- 11/02/2018 Transition Network's organisational purpose - ideas wanted