Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
20 April 2018
Martin Sherring represented TBI at the Gathering last weekend (21-22 April), and has provided some feedback on the event. He was impressed by the , to provide work training and general support to the under-privileged and marginalised, by means of the redevelopment of a donated derelict site in the centre of Dunbar into a community growing area, with additional training opportunies in the restoration of walls and buildings on the site.
He also visited The Zero Waste Hub - essentially a charity shop with the specific aim of diverting as much waste as possible from landfill, and at an 'Open Space' discussion session picked up several points of possible interest to TBI, including a scheme, started by surfers in Cornwall, which might provide a starting point for TBI work on waste and plastics.
Read Martin's full report.
Discussions at Dunbar
- 24/05/2018 Another Orienteering Work Party in Culbokie Woods Thursday 31 May
- 22/05/2018 WCCC Conference 2018 Wednesday 30 May Perth
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year