Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
24 April 2018
TBI Director Vanessa Halhead has discovered some interesting videos about Zero Waste Stores (and various other topics), and wonders whether the idea offers any scope for a TBI project.
At the Transition Scotland gathering in Dunbar last weekend Martin Sherring came across a campaign started by 'Surfers against Sewage' in Cornwall, seeking support from community leaders to "come forward and unite communities to create Plastic Free Coastlines". Something here for the Black Isle, perhaps?
And here's a link to a detailed European report on plastic packaging and food waste.
There is considerable interest within TBI at the moment in the growing campaign against plastic pollution and in waste reduction and recycling generally. If you have any ideas about how TBI might become involved in reducing waste and pollution and encouraging recycling, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 24/05/2018 Another Orienteering Work Party in Culbokie Woods Thursday 31 May
- 22/05/2018 WCCC Conference 2018 Wednesday 30 May Perth
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year