A TBI Transport Group? First meeting coming up on 26 June
14 June 2012
It seems as if we’ve been talking about forming a transport group of Transition Black Isle for ages – in fact, we have! But now we have the Million Miles project, there’s a bit more of a focus for a group – and already we’ve had a number of volunteers asking how they can help.
So, there will be an inaugural meeting of the new Transport Group on Tuesday 26th June, at 7.30 pm, at Glachbeg, on the old A9 between North Kessock and Tore.
As much as anything else, the meeting will be about getting together with like-minded people, but there is a bit of serious business we’ll need to deal with:
- Electing a convener;
- Agreeing the remit of the group – my proposal is that, initially at least, the main function should be to support the project officers in delivering a reduction of 1 million miles driven per year by Black Isle residents – a 1% reduction;
- Discussing the events which have already been planned and seeing who’s happy to help, in what capacity.
Hopefully we’ll have a stimulating meeting. If anyone would like to be involved, but can’t make it to Glachbeg on 26th, let me know and we’ll include you in future mailings.
For those who don’t know where Glachbeg is, see http://www.glachbeg.org.uk/location/.
And finally, do try to minimise the number of miles driven to the meeting! The days are very long now, so cycling is a good option for those close enough. If anyone is looking to share a lift, post on the TBI forum, http://www.transitionblackisle.org/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=401&posts=1#M1020. Public transport might be an option, I’m not all that hopeful, but if anyone can prove me wrong, again, post on the forum.
- 01/05/2013 Inner Transition Workshop with Sophy Banks
- 22/04/2013 Locals bikers challenge The Clan!
- 16/04/2013 Clan champs set for Black Isle battle
- 15/04/2013 Bikes on Buses go Live!
- 05/04/2013 Birch sap up!
- 05/04/2013 April Newsletter published
- 18/03/2013 New recruits put through their paces
- 13/03/2013 Fortrose Premier for In Transition 2.0
- 05/03/2013 Black Isle gets ready for Bikefest!
- 04/03/2013 Oak Gall Ink!