Orechiette with Broccoli
Added by Teen on 19 July 2010
A great, simple recipe from Puglia in the south of Italy. Puglians usually use 'cime di rape' - turnip tops for making this dish, they look different from turnip tops here tho with leaves and wee broccoli type bits on them - more like purple sprouting broccoli. Normal broccoli works well too tho.
- 500 g orechiette, or other short pasta
- Large head, or couple of heads, of broccoli
- 2 hot dry red chillis (or more if you're feeling brave!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Boil the broccoli (including chunks of the stem) for around 5 minutes then add the pasta to the same pot and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, and chopped chillies.
- When pasta is ready drain.
- Stir in the hot oil and serve with freshly ground black pepper.
Purist Italians like to keep it simple and wouldn't tend to add cheese or prosciutto, although and anchovy fillet might be added to the hot chilli oil for extra flavour.
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Orechiette with Broccoli thread in our Forum.
With easyfundraising.org.uk, you can help raise funds for TBI every time you shop online at a wide range of popular sites, without adding a penny to the cost of your purchase.Find out more and sign up
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory