Big Bike Revival (Cycling UK)
Download pdf with the answers
The Big Bike Revival is here!
We all remember those carefree childhood days with the breeze in our hair and the freedom to go wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted on our bike.
Few things in life are better than a cycle ride, whether it’s a trip to visit friends, a daily commute or a pedal to the countryside.
Whether you’re still a regular cyclist or you haven’t been on a bike for years, there are lots of ways for you to get out and about on two wheels.
What's the problem?
Adults in Britain appear to be aware of cycling and its potential for shorter journeys and a large proportion have bikes but are at present not making use of them.
- High volume of Cycle Ownership (42%)
- Low levels of cycle usage (63% not cycled in the past year)
- Propensity to use the car for short trips that could be made by cycle (37% of adults)
How do we fix this?
The Big Bike Revival is a social marketing programme providing an opportunity to:
- Carry out basic repairs e.g. fix a puncture
- Cycle safely on and off road
- Donate your old bikes
- Buy a recycled bike
- Get advice about local cycle routes, clubs or activities
â€‹The programme is supported by the Department for Transport and by Transport Scotland delivered in partnership with Bike Re-cycle centres.
Visit our Big Bike Revival website to find events near you or email the Big Bike Revival team in England on email@example.com. Contact the Big Bike Revival in Scotland on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact your local Cycling UK cycling development officer to find out how Cycling UK can help you!
- Monday 21 June
- 16:30 'Outrage and Optimism' - International climate discussion
- Tuesday 22 June
- 19:30 SCCAN/TBI/Pebble Trust - Food Alliances: Early Lessons from Highland Good Food
- Wednesday 23 June
- 18:00 'Fossil-free Highlands' - Friends of the Earth Scotland
- 09:30 Zero Carbon Britain Online Training
- Thursday 24 June
- 19:30 Inspiration on wheels - Skye Climate action
- 10:00 HGFP / Nourish Scotland - Veg and Community Wellbeing
- Tuesday 6 July
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online (?)
- Thursday 8 July
- 19:30 Break Free from Plastic - Skye Climate Action
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory