Disability and Climate Justice - Stop Climate Chaos Scotland
22 October 2020, Starts: 16:00, Ends: 17:30
4.00 - 5.30 online
Stop Climate Chaos Scotland writes
Disabled people have been an overlooked group in climate change negotiations, policy-making, and program implementation to date. Join our Disability and Climate Justice webinar to learn about the importance of disability rights in climate mitigation and adaptation efforts. Our panel consists of disability and climate researchers
Prof. Sébastien Jodoin and Dr. Yolanda Muñoz who will discuss their research on the disproportionate impacts of climate change for persons with disabilities.
Susie Fitton, a Policy Officer for Inclusion Scotland will discuss her work which ensures that disabled people are involved in the policy making processes in relation to climate change in Scotland, at local and national level.
Aidan Moseby, a disability artist and curator will talk about disability, diversity and inclusion in arts and culture. Aidan will discuss their PhD in the effect of art on climate change with disabled people and how disabled people are disproportionately impacted from climate change.
- Wednesday 2 December
- NA Highland Council Climate Change Working Group Conference
- Saturday 5 December
- 10:30 CCT Culbokie woods Christmas work party
- 10:00 SCCAN / Planet Sutherland Highlands and Islands regional event
- Tuesday 8 December
- 19:00 Transition network online 'Green but mostly White'
- 18:00 SCCAN online event - Climate & Eco Emergency
- Wednesday 9 December
- 12:00 HTSI AGM online
- 17:30 SEDA Solar Seminar series - 3 Passive Solar Architecture
- Saturday 12 December
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory