Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LibDem environment survey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> WorldwatchMessage format

Martin
Posted 2012-08-17 12:24 (#1100)
Subject: LibDem environment survey

Veteran

The LibDems are seeking views on their environment policies. I don't pretend to understand what's behind this, maybe they need a bit of a display of public outrage to stiffen their resolve and show George Osbourne how fed up people are. Anyway, the survey link is http://survey.libdems.org.uk/take/994 - it's quick and it can't do any harm to fill it in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
John Wood
Posted 2012-08-19 14:23 (#1105 - in reply to #1100)
Subject: Re: LibDem environment survey

Regular

I have responded already to this. I told them (in so many words) that their environment policies are useless empty promises unless they actually implement some of them. As far as I can see their credibility, such as it was, is completely gone. Vote LibDem, get Tory! Are there any LibDems out there who still believe their party has a future?
Agric
Posted 2012-09-02 00:47 (#1116 - in reply to #1100)

Veteran

Hard, John, hard. They got my views, too, and won't like them.

On the wider issue I think the LibDems saved us from a worse fate, we probably got the best govt we could hope for out of the last election, sad though that is. I hope the Libs survive and hold the balance of power oftimes in future, should we have one where that has meaning.
Martin
Posted 2012-09-02 10:02 (#1118 - in reply to #1100)

Veteran

True, that's the trouble with democracy, vote however you want, if more folk vote tory, that's what you get.
John Wood
Posted 2012-09-03 15:07 (#1119 - in reply to #1118)

Regular

Actually this is not strictly true. More people always vote against a winning party than for it.

The Lib Dems have simply made a Tory government possible at westminster, and - as far as I can see - achieved nothing in return. Democracy is defined by its boundaries - national, constitiency etc. Each government reforms the constituency boundaries to favour their party and the Tories are about to do the same.

This is all an excellent argument for Scottish independence. Very few people in Scotland vote Tory and yet that's what we get.

John Wood
Posted 2012-09-03 15:12 (#1120 - in reply to #1100)

Regular

Just to add in answer to Agric's point - I don't think the Lib Dems did save us from a worse fate. They enabled a Tory government to take power which couldn't have done otherwise. I repeat - I see nothing 'Lib Dem' at all about this government's policies. Without Lib Dem support the Tories would have had a minority government at Westminster, much less able to push its right wing agenda than the coalition.
Agric
Posted 2012-09-03 23:49 (#1121 - in reply to #1100)

Veteran

I strongly disagree, John. The Tories would have formed a minority govt, called an election within 6 to 18 months, and then won an overall majority. Harold did it, imagine these Tories with that kind of majority. LibDems would be pilloried for not having the balls to share power, and would be decimated. There has been plenty LibDem and un-Tory in this govt's policies. BTW, I'm not particularly a LibDem supporter, perhaps most accurately described as a Green-ish anti-Tory.
Martin
Posted 2012-09-04 09:02 (#1122 - in reply to #1100)

Veteran

Can I suggest this debate might be better held elsewhere than on the TBI forum? Interesting, but not really very relevant to TBI values!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software