Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excellent book 'Enough is Enough'
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> News, Events and AnnouncementsMessage format

Penny
Posted 2013-02-11 09:13 (#1205)
Subject: Excellent book 'Enough is Enough'

Regular

I'd like to recommend a new book published in 2013 by Rob Dietz (American) and Dan O'Neill (British) called 'Enough is Enough'. There is a Foreword by Henman Daly, the guru of ecological economics.

Both Rob and Dan are involved in ecological economics with links to the Centre for the Advancement of Steady State Economics. Their book takes the issues of carbon emmissions, species decline and resouce limits as read and concentrates on solutions to the issues.

They make the arguments of how we can lead better lives without ever increasing consumer goods, they look at strategies and policies to acheive this and at how to work at changing clutures to make this possible.

I've always found it hard to work out how life could be tolerable if economic growth just stopped now because I've always thought it was invevitable that we'd just go into a spiral of decline with ever increasing unemployment and poverty. Now I have hope that there is a way to achieve degrowth and live better, more equal and more fulfilling lives - not just for the few but for everyone. This book explains what this might look like and what needs to happen.

Once our household has finished with the book it will be available to lend.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software