Dave Greer writes about installing infrared heating in his North Kessock home.
“The Future of Heating!” That was the title of the article which unexpectedly caught my eye earlier this year. (2017)
My wife and I had been seeking advice on potential heating methods for our house to augment our trusty but antiquated solid fuel stove fed central heating system. We had become used after 30+ years in the Highlands and old cottages, to lighting a fire of some kind before heat was available in our various homes. This is fine, but as one gets older the novelty of coming in after a day’s work to a freezing house and the task of lighting a stove before any heat is available wears off!
Read about Dave's infrared heating installation.
- Saturday 25 May
- 11:30 BIHS Plant & Produce sale and Soup Lunch
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Sunday 26 May
- 12:00 MOO(N) Zero Waste Market Muir of Ord
- Saturday 1 June
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Saturday 8 June
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Sunday 9 June
- 11:00 Highland Garden Fest Inverness
- Wednesday 12 June
- NA Walking Cycling Connecting Communities National Active Travel Conference Edinburgh
- Saturday 15 June
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory