A New Year message from Greenpeace
04 January 2020
John Sauven, Executive Director, Greenpeace UK emails
"This decade is a critical one for our planet.
"It's the decade in which we have the best chance of averting the climate and nature emergency that's gripping our planet. As 15 million acres of Australia's bushland is burnt to a crisp and half a billion animals are killed or seriously affected, we say: NO MORE. As we start 2020, our message to companies and governments is clear: Business as usual is over.
"Governments and corporations are responsible for this crisis – only they can make the systemic changes our planet needs. Now, we need them to STOP their addiction to dirty fossil fuels, SWITCH to clean, renewable energy and transport, and SAVE and protect our forests and oceans."
- 22/01/2020 Successful Gardeners' Quiz Time evening
- 20/01/2020 Trump and Greta at Davos
- 18/01/2020 Extinction Rebellion on Trial
- 12/01/2020 Bus timetable consultation - DETAILS of recent new changes
- 10/01/2020 Newsletters from other groups
- 06/01/2020 Market dates in the calendar - Leaflet to download on Markets page
- 04/01/2020 A New Year message from Greenpeace
- 14/12/2019 News from Black Isle arts groups
- 09/12/2019 Greta addresses Madrid Climate Conference
- 08/12/2019 A Different Way to go to Culbokie Market