A like-minded group further north - Planet Sutherland
29 March 2020
Wendy Price has drawn attention to Planet Sutherland, a group which is not part of the Transition movement but which has an ethos, objectives and activities very similar to ours, and shares some of the difficulties we are familiar with in operating in an even bigger and more thinly populated area than the Black Isle.
They have a website full of interesting information about their activities, posts on environmental topics and links to other websites and sources. Particularly impressive is a video they have produced with animated text, graphs and diagrams under the title 'Take One Step' - the initial step we all need to take which will lead to further steps which, if individuals, governments and business work together, could help bring about a better and more sustainable world.
There is obviously scope for exchanging newsletters and information with Planet Sutherland, and for possible co-operation and interaction in various areas of our common concerns.
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign