Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
04 May 2020
Transition Town Forres has appointed a new Centre Manager, Anne Owen, who is already promoting a new community food project called 'Growing Strong'. Anne writes
"We at TTF wanted to contribute to [Forres' Covid-19 response] and help by producing a little extra community food.
"We have over 50 gardeners looking after allotments at the centre. Some of them have volunteered to ‘adopt’ a growing crate to grow extra food this year.
"At harvest time, the fruit and vegetables produced will be distributed to the community. If we are through lockdown by then, then folk are welcome at the centre, otherwise veggie boxes will be distributed to folk through the ‘Covid 19 response’."
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign