Scotland's Climate Assembly meets for the first time - but Extinction Rebellion walks out
24 November 2020
7-8 November 2020 First meeting of the Assembly
‘How should Scotland change to tackle the climate emergency in an effective and fair way?’
On the 7th & 8th November, Scotland’s Climate Assembly hosted Members at the first Assembly meeting. Members from age 16 to 82 joined experts and facilitators online to tackle the question with which they have been tasked.
Read more at Climate change / Scotland's Climate Assembly
But Extinction Rebellion walks out
Extinction Rebellion, one of whose demands for some time has been the calling of Citizens' Assemblies to accelerate a serious response to climate change, has walked out of the Scottish Climate Assembly which has just held its first meeting. Read more
Environment Committee route map to a green recovery
The Scottish Parliament's Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee published its green recovery report on 8 November, stating that we need an integrated, bold approach to recovery, based on community cohesion, wellbeing and equality, and transcending sectoral boundaries.
Read more at Coronavirus recovery
- 18/01/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 16/01/2021 The Citizens' Assembly has reported - did anyone notice?
- 14/01/2021 Scotland's Climate Assembly weekend three 9 & 10 January
- 08/01/2021 Growing our Future update - Consultation extended
- 02/01/2021 Fast Fashion Campaigning group - 'Fashion Revolution'
- 30/12/2020 Dingwall Community Fridge
- 28/12/2020 UK to stop funding overseas fossil fuel projects
- 26/12/2020 'Green Industrial Revolution' for UK?
- 24/12/2020 Black Isle Sharing Sheds
- 18/12/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation programme now available