Scotland's Climate Assembly weekend three 9 & 10 January
14 January 2021
Weekend three 9 & 10 January
Weekend Three of Scotland's Climate Assembly, and the first of our meetings in 2021, took place on the 9th and 10th January. Weekends 3 and 4 will divide their deliberations over three streams: Work & Travel, Home & Communities and Diet & Lifestyle. This third weekend addressed diverse issues under the broad themes of Homes, Travel and Diet & Land use.
In the first session of the weekend, the full cohort of Assembly members gathered to think about how change happens and who drives it.
For the rest of the weekend, members divided into their streams and spent the weekend in these groups considering evidence. In each stream they heard from informants who presented an overview of the central challenge. This was followed by a number of advocates who presented their preferred policy options to address the challenge, either in their own view or the view of the organisation they represented.
Videos of all presentations made during this and previous meetings are available on the Assembly's YouTube channel or website or via the links available, with more information, at Climate change / Scotland's Climate Assembly .
- 22/02/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 18/02/2021 Newsletters - BITT, FCC and BIP hot on the heels of CCT
- 14/02/2021 Black Isle Litter Survey ends 9 March
- 12/02/2021 NOW INTO SECOND WEEK - Free online course on mitigating climate change starts 15 February
- 06/02/2021 Croft for sale - Drynie Park near Muir of Ord
- 04/02/2021 JOB OPPORTUNITY - Part time horticultural trainer with Blooming Gardeners
- 30/01/2021 HC warning on Council Tax scam, and Police Scotland consult on Body Worn Video
- 28/01/2021 Home Energy Scotland Covid-19 advice and help leaflet
- 22/01/2021 New Year message from Greenpeace
- 21/01/2021 Bus timetable updates from 25 January