'The Story of Plastic' film - Skye Climate Action
20 May 2021
Anne MacLennan of Skye Climate Action has emailed that the group has arranged a viewing of this 96 minute documentary film, available for individual viewing until 1 July. Watch before 16 June to join an SCA ciscussion of the film on that date.
Film screening: The Story of Plastic
You are invited to watch this 96 minute documentary. The Vimeo link is now live for Skye Climate Action until July 1st so that you can watch it in your own time.
THE STORY OF PLASTIC presents a cohesive timeline of how we got to our current global plastic pollution crisis and how the oil and gas industry has successfully manipulated the narrative around it. From the extraction of fossil fuels and plastic disposal to the global resistance fighting back, THE STORY OF PLASTIC is a life-changing film depicting one of the world’s most pressing environmental issues. The film was designed to stimulate discussion and action, so we will have a follow-up Zoom discussion on 16th June.
Watch the trailer The Story of Plastic (documentary film) - Story of Stuff
You can also watch a free 4 minute video here The Story of Plastic (animated short)
I’m attaching an associated FAQ document to this notice.
If you would like to watch this film, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the link for the film as well as the Zoom link for the discussion on 16th.
- 18/06/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 16/06/2021 DEADLINE 22 JUNE - Job opportunity - Highland Good Food Partnership Co-ordinator
- 14/06/2021 HGFP / SCCAN Highland Good Food - The Conversation continues Tuesday 22 June
- 13/06/2021 Cromarty Ferry running from 1 June
- 12/06/2021 'Fossil-free Highlands' - Friends of the Earth Scotland Wednesday 23 June
- 10/06/2021 More newsletters from kindred groups
- 06/06/2021 Visit to Evanton Community Wood
- 22/05/2021 Recent newsletters from kindred groups
- 20/05/2021 'The Story of Plastic' film - Skye Climate Action
- 16/05/2021 New Highland Council Seasonal Access Ranger Team start patrols