Food standards and environmental protection in danger from repeal of 'retained EU law'
02 October 2022
Highland Environment Forum has raised the alarm about the introduction of a UK bill to revoke much of the EU law and regulation retained in UK law after Brexit.
There is particular concern over legislation covering areas such as food standards, environment and wildlife protection and animal welfare regulation.
RSPB Scotland is running a campaign to get people to write to their MSPs, but the Scottish Constitution Secretary Angus Robertson has already written to Jacob Rees-Mogg, protesting in strong terms against the introduction of the bill.
- 30/01/2023 Job opportunity - HGFP Community Growing Co-ordinator
- 28/01/2023 'Retained EU law' under threat - revocation bill passed by Commons
- 26/01/2023 Woodland Crofts for the Black Isle?
- 18/01/2023 Bus times - Stagecoach timetable changes
- 14/01/2023 Transition Town Forres and Moray Waste busters
- 12/01/2023 NESCAN Hub newsletter received
- 10/01/2023 Legal challenge to Cumbria coal mine
- 30/12/2022 NH&I Climate Hub expands coverage
- 24/12/2022 Is Hydrogen the fuel of the future?
- 23/12/2022 Biodiversity - international, national and local aspirations
- Saturday 4 February
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe North Kessock
- 17:30 Transition Town Forres - Imbolc fundraising event
- 18:30 Knocknagael Growing Group Ceilidh
- Monday 6 February
- 19:30 RCA Fergus McCreadie Trio at Resolis
- Wednesday 8 February
- 14:00 Black Isle Men's Shed AGM
- Thursday 9 February
- 10:00 Allangrange gardening workshop - Fruit tree pruning
- Saturday 11 February
- NA Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 18 February
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.