TBI joins GALE
04 February 2018
Our long drawn-out attempt to become a corporat menber of GALE (Gairloch and Loch Ewe Action Forum), in the interests of exchanging newsletters, information and ideas, has finally borne fruit, with the taking of our subscription at the end of November, and now the arrival of their last two newsletters, with a covering email from Leah Ball, with whom Marion and I first discussed the idea of establishing links between our organisations while at Gairloch in May last year.
We have had a link to GALE'S website for some time and have suggested that it might perhaps be possible for their site to be modified to incorporate a page or section including links to the TBI and Black Isle Larder sites, and also those of other like-minded organisations, and we remain hopeful that this idea will be taken up.
Meanwhile please read and enjoy the newsletters, and notice in amongst some of the now out-of-date Christmas material in the first one the interesting idea of 'pocket orchards' - which might well be relevant to our ongoing interest in apple growing on the Black Isle.
For more information about GALE, see their own page at Groups / Gale
- 20/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in
- 02/10/2018 'Drowning in Plastic' - catch up if you missed it
- 26/09/2018 Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy