A Plethora of Potatoes!
17 February 2012
A PLETHORA of potatoes will take centre stage at a unique event in North
Kessock on 25th February.
More than 50 varieties of seed potato will be available for budding
gardeners to buy at Transition Black Isle’s potato day in North Kessock
Village Hall from 1pm to 4:30pm.
“Last year’s Potato Day at Culbokie proved immensely popular, and lots of
people have been asking when we were having another one,” said Transition
Black Isle convener Maggie Dove.
“There are lots of different kinds of potato to try as well as a range of
old favourites, and the fact they’ll be available by the tuber at 10p each
makes it easy and cheap to experiment with growing different varieties.
“Local gardeners will be on hand to give advice and information on potato
varieties and growing. It’s all about getting together and sharing tips
and experiences. Refreshments will be available throughout the day and
we’re looking forward to a lively and sociable event. Potato Day follows
on from North Kessock Market from 10am - 12noon so people can come and make
a day of it.”
Entrance to potato day is free to members of Transition Black Isle and
under 16s, and £1 for adult non members.
- 30/01/2023 Job opportunity - HGFP Community Growing Co-ordinator
- 28/01/2023 'Retained EU law' under threat - revocation bill passed by Commons
- 26/01/2023 Woodland Crofts for the Black Isle?
- 18/01/2023 Bus times - Stagecoach timetable changes
- 14/01/2023 Transition Town Forres and Moray Waste busters
- 12/01/2023 NESCAN Hub newsletter received
- 10/01/2023 Legal challenge to Cumbria coal mine
- 30/12/2022 NH&I Climate Hub expands coverage
- 24/12/2022 Is Hydrogen the fuel of the future?
- 23/12/2022 Biodiversity - international, national and local aspirations
- Saturday 4 February
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe North Kessock
- 17:30 Transition Town Forres - Imbolc fundraising event
- 18:30 Knocknagael Growing Group Ceilidh
- Monday 6 February
- 19:30 RCA Fergus McCreadie Trio at Resolis
- Wednesday 8 February
- 14:00 Black Isle Men's Shed AGM
- Thursday 9 February
- 10:00 Allangrange gardening workshop - Fruit tree pruning
- Saturday 11 February
- NA Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 18 February
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.