Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
10 March 2018
The ever-vigilant Julian Paren has drawn attention to several documents which emphasise the unhappy state of the Caledonian Sleeper franchise contract with Transport Scotland
- A job advertisement by Transport Scotland for a Rail Franchise Commercial Manager in Scotland £56,488 - £67,660 (pro rata for part time), which specifically refers to "contingency planning . . . in the event a franchise agreement is terminated or otherwise comes to an end but no further contract has been entered into in respect of the services."
- Reports of a financial statement by Serco which refers to huge losses attributable to the sleeper contract and to the possibility that they may seek to renegotiate the franchise agreement or withdraw from it altogether.
- A letter from Transport Minister Humza Yousaf to a Scottish Parliamentary committee alerting them to this possibility but trying to suggest that everything is still under control.
Read more about all these developments on our Travel & Tourism / Caledonian Sleeper page.
- 05/11/2018 Black Isle and Inverness bus service changes January 2019
- 26/10/2018 2019 Community Markets leaflet available now
- 26/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 22/10/2018 BITT October Bulletin
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in