Gardeners - Help is at hand!
24 March 2018
Some of you will be familiar with the excellent TBI Growing Guide, written with special reference to growing conditions in the north of Scotland by local expert Sheila Wickens and other contributors. The printed version is still available from the TBI stall at community markets and other events, or by contacting Anne Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. The guide is also available to view in the document library on the TBI website, but until now has perhaps not been easy to find. It has now been given a dedicated page under the Food & Growing tab, with direct links both to the complete document and to the separate sections of the guide, as downloadable .PDF files.
Also under Food & Growing is a page called Other Growing Groups and courses, which among other things includes details of a garden planning application and lots of general gardening information offered by GrowVeg.co.uk; information about the GROW Observatory, a European project dedicated to promoting "a movement of citizens generating, sharing and using information on growing and the land"; and reports on the activities of Muir of Ord growing group MOO Food.
There is also information about Grow North, TBI's series of practical teaching workshops on a range of growing-related topics, about Dingwall Food Assembly (online food market) and the www.blackislelarder.org website showcasing Black Isle food producers and suppliers, and lots of mouth-watering recipes - a complete Garden of Delights on the Food & Growing pages!
- 19/10/2018 Culbokie Community Market Saturday 20 October
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in
- 02/10/2018 'Drowning in Plastic' - catch up if you missed it
- 26/09/2018 Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy