Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
18 May 2018
TBI Director Vanessa Halhead has discovered some interesting videos about Zero Waste Stores (and various other topics), and wonders whether the idea offers any scope for a TBI project.
At the Transition Scotland gathering in Dunbar last weekend Martin Sherring came across a campaign started by 'Surfers against Sewage' in Cornwall, seeking support from community leaders to "come forward and unite communities to create Plastic Free Coastlines". Something here for the Black Isle, perhaps?
And here's a link to a detailed European report on plastic packaging and food waste.
There is considerable interest within TBI at the moment in the growing campaign against plastic pollution and in waste reduction and recycling generally. If you have any ideas about how TBI might become involved in reducing waste and pollution and encouraging recycling, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- 05/11/2018 Black Isle and Inverness bus service changes January 2019
- 26/10/2018 2019 Community Markets leaflet available now
- 26/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 22/10/2018 BITT October Bulletin
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in