Permaculture on the Black Isle - BIPA 2018 newsletter
06 January 2019
Black Isle Permaculture and Arts - otherwise known as Clive Brandon and Julie Plumridge, have sent us their 2018 newsletter summarising the wide range of their activities during last year. To say it was obviously a busy year would be a considerable understatement.
Check out their website at www.blackislepermacultureandarts.co.uk/
See also an interesting blog by Julie Deconchat in which, after writing favorably about a visit to Clive and Julie, she suggests the Permaculture movement may be 'undermining its potential', by representing individual attitudes and initiatives as appropriate responses to issues of sustainability, while failing to give sufficient attention to the systemic and structural problem of intensive industrial agriculture.
- 12/06/2019 Holiday Park proposal for former Black Isle Wildlife Park
- 10/06/2019 CCT newsletter - planning permission for Glascairn Project
- 30/05/2019 Scotland's Gardens Scheme Open Gardens programme
- 24/05/2019 Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
- 22/05/2019 The Resurgence Trust Publications and Activities
- 16/05/2019 Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
- 14/05/2019 The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
- 12/05/2019 Details revealed for Scotland's bottle and can deposit return scheme
- 10/05/2019 Highland Council declares a climate emergency Highland carbon-neutral target 2025
- 08/05/2019 Nature crisis: Humans 'threaten 1m species with extinction'