Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
24 May 2019
Evanton Community Woodland volunteers are close to completing a year-long project to build a visitors' shelter in the Mag's Wood area away from the existing visitor/education cabin and children's play area, to encourage groups to make increased use of this end of the wood.
The shelter is built largely from wind-blown timber from the wood, and uses a method of 'reciprocal' roof construction in which the round logs forming the main beams are held in place by their own weight as they interlock at the apex of the roof.
View the story of the construction in pictures
- 24/08/2019 Advance notice - save the date - TBI 10th anniversary ceilidh Friday 27 September Resolis Hall
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto
- 22/08/2019 TBI film 'More than Honey' Thursday 5 September Muir Hub
- 16/08/2019 New Stgecoach bus timetables from Monday 19 August
- 14/08/2019 Drumsmittal Holiday Park - Exhibition/consultation Wednesday 21 August North Kessock
- 08/08/2019 Highland Council pressed for Climate Emergency action
- 08/08/2019 Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
- 04/08/2019 Drastic Plastic at Black Isle Show
- 28/07/2019 From the Changeworks / Home Energy Scotland July newsletter
- 18/07/2019 Fracking - Scottish Government renews Ineos Falkirk licence and Cuadrilla set to re-start in Lancashire