Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
08 August 2019
A meeting in North Kessock on 6 August reviewed the threat of catastrophic climate change and species extinction, and proposed mass non-violent civil disobedience as the only way to force the government to start taking climate change seriously and initiate effective action. Since its formation last year Extinction Rebellion has advocated and organised disruptive but peaceful protests in various UK cities, most notably in London at Easter this year, and has grown into a world-wide organisation.
Various XR groups are active in the highlands, including one in Inverness, which organises regular 'Inverness lunchtime for Climate' events in Falcon Square from 12.00 to 1.00 every Friday.
See more information and links at Climate change / Extinction Rebellion.
- 18/11/2019 Take 1 Action Film Festival Friday 22 - Sunday 24 November Eden Court
- 12/11/2019 Calls for action in 'Green New Deal' proposals
- 10/11/2019 European Week for Waste Reduction 16 - 24 November 2019
- 08/11/2019 November Newsletter from Culbokie Community Trust
- 06/11/2019 Community Council Election results/nominations
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources