Highland Council pressed for Climate Emergency action
08 August 2019
Local climate activists from TBI and Extinction Rebellion have felt the need to pressure Highland Council to follow up its declaration of a Climate Emergency with significant action.
TBI Vice-Convenor Martin Sherring and member Maggie Dove had a discussion on the issue with Councillor Craig Fraser, following which Martin emailed all the Black Isle councillors amd Ward Manager Diane Agnew to suggest the calling of a public meeting to enable the council to engage with Black Isle residents about the changes required and problems likely to arise if the Council's declaration of a climate emergency is to have a significant effect.
TBI Director Anne Thomas ond other Extinction Rebellion members have held meetings with Highland Council's Climate Change Officer and Chief Executive, and discussed the Climate Panel being set up following the Emergency declaration, and the possibility of holding a highland conference to co-ordinate the necessary action.
Read more at Climate Change / Highland Council Climate Emergency.
- 18/11/2019 Take 1 Action Film Festival Friday 22 - Sunday 24 November Eden Court
- 12/11/2019 Calls for action in 'Green New Deal' proposals
- 10/11/2019 European Week for Waste Reduction 16 - 24 November 2019
- 08/11/2019 November Newsletter from Culbokie Community Trust
- 06/11/2019 Community Council Election results/nominations
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources