We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report
16 September 2019
We must change food production to save the world
The wide scope of the latest, not very widely publicised report from the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), is indicated by its formal title - 'An IPCC Special Report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems.'
The main thrust of the report is summarised in a Guardian article based on a draft of the report as stating that it will be impossible to keep global temperatures at safe levels unless there is also a transformation in the way the world produces food and manages land.
Read more at Climate Change / Climate Change on the menu.
- 02/12/2019 'Muir Matters' Winter issue out now
- 28/11/2019 Email lobby of MSPs over Coul Links golf course decision
- 12/11/2019 Calls for action in 'Green New Deal' proposals
- 10/11/2019 Ross-Shire Voluntary Action December newsletter out now
- 08/11/2019 November Newsletter from Culbokie Community Trust
- 06/11/2019 Community Council Election results/nominations
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT