(not) Potato Day 2022
** From Mon 21st February **
Seed tatties available to buy, by the tuber..
15p per tuber
Once again TBI has felt it is wise not to hold its annual Potato Day, but like last year we have ordered in some sacks of what are usually the most popular varieties of seed tatties, with some new or less known varieties. They will mainly be distributed to ‘Tattie Hosts’ around the Black Isle to make them available to buy....
We’ve tried to spread out the varieties so you don’t have to travel too far to ﬁnd those you’d like.
What to do :-
- Have a look at the UPDATED list (link below) of what’s available and where
- make contact with relevant Tattie Host
- if by email, put title ‘TBI tatties’, so you’ll be answered quickly
- say how many tatties you want, of which varieties
- s/he will put your order together and leave in an agreed place (probably in garden) for you to collect.
- Payment either in cash to Tattie Host or into a collection jar at the collection spot
- or by BACS transfer to Transition Black Isle, sort code 08-92-99, account 65499368, with your name and ‘Tatties’ as the reference.
** Some varieties will be available at outdoor markets, as listed **
(Some general seeds will also be available at the markets, and with 3 THs, see below - to browse and leave a donation for).
Tattie Host and market details Updated 24 March
SKEA Potato House - Detailed information on their full range from our suppliers.
- Tuesday 17 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Resist imaginatively
- Wednesday 18 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a thriving social economy
- 18:00 SCCAN 'Climate for Change' conversation
- 14:00 70th Anniversary of the Simon’s Loch Tragedy
- Thursday 19 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a Regenerative and Fairer Food System
- 16:00 Carbon emissions – you, your home, your property – what can you do?
- Saturday 21 May
- 10:00 Grow North 2022 Workshop 3
- Saturday 28 May
- 10:30 BIHS Spring Plant Sale
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory