Potato Day 2019
Another Successful Potato Day
TBI's 9th potato day, held last Saturday at North Kessock, was as successful as ever. Over sixty varieties of seed potatoes were on sale, and around five hundred people attended. In addition to potato sales expert growing advice was available, there were seed swap and TBI information stalls, and a café offering soups, drinks and a delicious array of home baking.
Thanks are due to TBI and Food Group Convenor Julie Gibson for masterminding the whole event, Trish McKeggie and Maggie Wormald for selecting and procuring the potatoes and providing expert advice, James Dingwall for providing transport, Jimmie Hepburn and Duncan Scott for co-ordinating and overseeing in the hall, Lesley, Joy and their helpers for the non-stop café service, and all the other volunteers too numerous to name who helped to make the day a success.
We would also like to thank the following local growers/suppliers for donations of potatoes: Callum at Drumderfit Farm, Donald Campbell at Resolis Mains and Steven Jack of Organic Potato Growers, Dalcross.
Lots more pictures in Dave Greer's Tiderace Photographic Gallery.
- Friday 28 February
- 19:30 Muir Movies - Rocketman
- Saturday 29 February
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Monday 2 March
- NA Week 2 of Fairtrade Fortnight - to Sunday 8 March
- Wednesday 4 March
- 19:00 Film 'Everyday Rebellion' Muir Hub 7.00
- Friday 6 March
- 19:30 Resolis CA Talks - '. .Rosemarkie Man' & '. .the Lighthouse Men'
- Saturday 7 March
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres Cafe Collective
- 10:00 Cromarty Arts Trust Sewing weekend
- NA Pass it on Week 2020 - to 15 March
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory