Energy Saving Trust September newsletter - Phasing out petrol and diesel vehicles
Scotland to phase out new diesel and petrol vehicles by 2032
The Scottish Government has announced a target to phase out the use of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2032, alongside proposals to establish four low emission zones by 2020. The ambition to 'end the need' for new petrol and diesel vehicles will be encouraged through investment in infrastructure for electric vehicles and other low emission vehicles, the Scottish Government has suggested.
Also in the newsletter
- UK charging stations will outnumber petrol stations by 2020, says Nissan
- Tougher UK emissions tests come into force
- Energy Saving Trust funds charge points at University of Edinburgh and University of Aberdeen
- HMRC announces September changes to advisory fuel rates
- Proposed changes to support the take-up of alternatively fuelled light commercial vehicles
- Study says fossil fuelled cars could vanish in eight years
- Invitation: SHFCA Annual Conference, 11 and 12 October
Read the full newsletter , which has lots of interesting links to other sources of information.
With easyfundraising.org.uk, you can help raise funds for TBI every time you shop online at a wide range of popular sites, without adding a penny to the cost of your purchase.Find out more and sign up
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory