Royal day at Resolis last Wednesday
28 April 2017
Martin Sherring, TBI Convenor, writes:
“It’s nice to get a bit of recognition for the work we do, but nevertheless we were surprised to be invited to meet HRH Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, at Resolis Primary School on Wednesday. The Duke was visiting the Black Isle to see the renovation work at Kirkmichael Church and to help the school celebrate its 10th birthday.
A small team represented TBI at the school, with Martin Sherring, our convenor, introducing fellow trustees Anne Thomas, Julie Gibson, Julian Paren and David Reid, former trustee Penny Edwards, and the organiser of the Cromarty Community Market, Lorna Mackinnon. The Duke showed a lively interest in our activities, and was particularly taken by our inclusion in the book, 21 Tales of Transition, which was produced for the COP 21 Climate Talks in Paris. In fact, he spent so long chatting with the TBI team, we didn’t have time to show him the school children experimenting with the electricity meters we have lent them – but he did step outside to help the children sow seeds from the TBI seed swap, and plant a blackcurrant bush donated by TBI. The growing project at the school demonstrates the co-operation between the various “green” bodies in the area – with a polytunnel and training having been funded by the Pebble Trust (whose trustees include Penny Edwards and Martin Sherring) and provided by RoWAN, and on-going support being provided by Trish McKeggie who is both a RoWAN director and a TBI member!
By all accounts the school children thoroughly enjoyed having a VIP visitor, and waved off the royal party after a concert featuring the children playing piano, fiddle and guitar, singing and dancing – virtuosi in the making!”
- 26/06/2017 Keep Scotland Beautiful - One Planet Picnic Saturday 1 July Cromarty
- 25/06/2017 Findhorn visit last Saturday
- 24/06/2017 Successful Open Gardens weekends
- 10/06/2017 TBI responds to Scottish Government Consultation on Fracking
- 01/06/2017 TBI responds to Holyrood energy consultations
- 20/05/2017 Have your say on fracking - CONSULTATION CLOSES 31 MAY
- 14/05/2017 Grow North workshop 'Thinking of keeping chickens?' Saturday 3 June
- 30/04/2017 Brilliant 'Start the Week' programme Monday 1 May
- 28/04/2017 Royal day at Resolis last Wednesday
- 25/04/2017 Oil transfers to be discussed in Parliament