Royal day at Resolis last Wednesday
28 April 2017
Martin Sherring, TBI Convenor, writes:
“It’s nice to get a bit of recognition for the work we do, but nevertheless we were surprised to be invited to meet HRH Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, at Resolis Primary School on Wednesday. The Duke was visiting the Black Isle to see the renovation work at Kirkmichael Church and to help the school celebrate its 10th birthday.
A small team represented TBI at the school, with Martin Sherring, our convenor, introducing fellow trustees Anne Thomas, Julie Gibson, Julian Paren and David Reid, former trustee Penny Edwards, and the organiser of the Cromarty Community Market, Lorna Mackinnon. The Duke showed a lively interest in our activities, and was particularly taken by our inclusion in the book, 21 Tales of Transition, which was produced for the COP 21 Climate Talks in Paris. In fact, he spent so long chatting with the TBI team, we didn’t have time to show him the school children experimenting with the electricity meters we have lent them – but he did step outside to help the children sow seeds from the TBI seed swap, and plant a blackcurrant bush donated by TBI. The growing project at the school demonstrates the co-operation between the various “green” bodies in the area – with a polytunnel and training having been funded by the Pebble Trust (whose trustees include Penny Edwards and Martin Sherring) and provided by RoWAN, and on-going support being provided by Trish McKeggie who is both a RoWAN director and a TBI member!
By all accounts the school children thoroughly enjoyed having a VIP visitor, and waved off the royal party after a concert featuring the children playing piano, fiddle and guitar, singing and dancing – virtuosi in the making!”
- 16/08/2017 Grow North winemaking workshop Sunday 20 August Kilcoy
- 14/08/2017 Grow North Open Gardens Sunday 20 August Rosemarkie allotments
- 12/08/2017 Countryside Rangers walk Wednesday 23 August Cromarty
- 04/08/2017 TBI at St Boniface Fair
- 02/08/2017 Consultation open on new Climate Change Bill
- 01/08/2017 Draft Highland Outcomes Improvement Plan open for consultation
- 30/07/2017 Grow North Open Gardens Culbokie Saturday 12 August
- 18/07/2017 On the buses - Inverness-Culbokie connection and discounted Stagecoach fares
- 16/07/2017 Scottish Rural Action announces 2017-19 Action Plan
- 08/07/2017 It's all go at the Muir