Royal day at Resolis last Wednesday
28 April 2017
Martin Sherring, TBI Convenor, writes:
“It’s nice to get a bit of recognition for the work we do, but nevertheless we were surprised to be invited to meet HRH Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, at Resolis Primary School on Wednesday. The Duke was visiting the Black Isle to see the renovation work at Kirkmichael Church and to help the school celebrate its 10th birthday.
A small team represented TBI at the school, with Martin Sherring, our convenor, introducing fellow trustees Anne Thomas, Julie Gibson, Julian Paren and David Reid, former trustee Penny Edwards, and the organiser of the Cromarty Community Market, Lorna Mackinnon. The Duke showed a lively interest in our activities, and was particularly taken by our inclusion in the book, 21 Tales of Transition, which was produced for the COP 21 Climate Talks in Paris. In fact, he spent so long chatting with the TBI team, we didn’t have time to show him the school children experimenting with the electricity meters we have lent them – but he did step outside to help the children sow seeds from the TBI seed swap, and plant a blackcurrant bush donated by TBI. The growing project at the school demonstrates the co-operation between the various “green” bodies in the area – with a polytunnel and training having been funded by the Pebble Trust (whose trustees include Penny Edwards and Martin Sherring) and provided by RoWAN, and on-going support being provided by Trish McKeggie who is both a RoWAN director and a TBI member!
By all accounts the school children thoroughly enjoyed having a VIP visitor, and waved off the royal party after a concert featuring the children playing piano, fiddle and guitar, singing and dancing – virtuosi in the making!”
- 18/04/2018 Transition Scotland Spring Gathering Dunbar 20 - 22 April
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 14/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year
- 10/03/2018 Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
- 09/03/2018 Dingwall Food Assembly Update
- 08/03/2018 Job opportunities - MOO Food is recruiting
- 06/03/2018 'Dolphin Shuttle' bus service to Chanonry Point