BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
18 February 2018
Claire MacKay writes
A group of biomass users on the Black Isle have formed a group to discuss a potential buyers community, following a nationwide crisis with supply of biomass pellets in December and January this year.
The aim is to secure a stable supply of pellets, and perhaps a surplus/stockpile held locally, for our community; to obtain a manufacturers discount or wholesale prices, and also arrange to recycle the plastic biomass pellet bags collectively. There is no current means of recycling the bags, and an estimated 900 bags are generated as waste, per month, in Cromarty alone. The reality is that many of these end up in landfill.
I'm attaching a poster to distribute, and anyone with an interest can contact me for more details.
I'm also attaching the notes from our initial meeting. There will be a follow-up meeting soon to discuss our various options and how the group wish to progress. All biomass users are welcome!
01381 600251 07413 190011
- 18/07/2018 Saving water in the Black Isle? Really? Water saving advice at Community Markets
- 08/07/2018 Grow North bee keeping workshop repeat Saturday 21 July
- 06/07/2018 Highland GardenFest Botanic Gardens Inverness Sunday 22 July
- 04/07/2018 Culbokie Community Market Saturday 21 July
- 18/05/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year