'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
26 April 2021, Starts: 19:00, Ends: 21:00
Mondays 22 March - 10 May 7.00 - 9.00 on Zoom
Learn how to cut your personal carbon footprint in half by connecting to values, emotions and identity.
A 6 part series focused on reducing your personal carbon footprint. The meetings create a non-judgmental atmosphere where people are encouraged to make serious lifestyle changes. The groups offer:
- Space to explore what climate change means for ourselves, our families and aspirations
- Permission to share hopes, doubts and anxieties
- Time to work through conflicts between intention, social pressure and identity
- Reliable, well-researched information and practical guidance on what will make a difference via a PDF of the book, In Time for Tomorrow
- Support in creating a personal plan for change
Carbon reductions of 1 tonne of CO2e are typically made by each member during the workshops, with plans developed to halve individual footprints over a 4-5 year period.
- Looking for a Low Carbon Future –the big picture and your own carbon footprint (March 22)
- Energy at home –in depth look at the various factors to lower your home energy use(March 29)
- Travel and Transport –what are the issues, what can I do (April 12)
- Food and Water –what are the elements of the carbon footprint of food, how is water used in production, how can I make informed choices (April 19)
- Consuming and Waste –how does what we buy and how we dispose of it impact the planet (April 26)
- Talking with others about Climate Change –various considerations and methods are explored with time to practice within the group (May 10)
Each class runs from 7pm - 9pm via Zoom. A link for the Zoom meeting will be sent to you a day before the event.
Please note the breaks for Easter & May Day bank holiday.
About the tutor
The Surefoot Effect equip people, communities and organisations with skills for sustainability and resilience. Pamela Candea has been working to promote sustainable society actively since returning to a cherished ambition after a long career in the commercial world in 2007. She now works with community, public sector, and commercial organisations to help bring about change using values based methods.
Funder & Data
We are able to fully subsidise these spaces as part of our Scottish Government Climate Challenge Funded project, Seasons of Change. For more information on the project please contact Sarah Forrest, Project Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Join the climate conversation on our Facebook page @lairglc.
Lairg & District Learning Centre will hold your details on our student data base. If you do not wish your details to be held please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- Monday 10 May
- 19:00 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Wednesday 12 May
- 18:30 Planet Sutherland Permaculture event
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Health and Well-being
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Education and training
- Thursday 13 May
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Community Resilience
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Local Food Economy
- 19:30 National Museum of Scotland - Secrets of the Rosemarkie Sunfish
- Monday 17 May
- 19:00 Transition Network Bounce Forward - The Universal Basics
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory