Travel and Tourism
NC 500 - An Alternative View
The view expressed below appeared on the Facebook page of Cromarty Community Development Trust, with this comment from the Trust -
"This is not the formal opinion of the Development Trust, but it is an interesting 'alternative view' about the NorthCoast500, presented here to stimulate discussion. Interestingly, it says that Iceland banned camper van camping outwith official sites following rapid expansion of their camper van tourism. We're building a site in Cromarty, and it's obvious the pressures of tourism need to be managed in many countries. Cromarty welcomes tourism, and tourists support our local businesses; but communities should be able to choose how much tourism and what kind brings most benefits to our communities."
The Black Isle
From being a relative backwater just a couple of decades ago, the Black Isle has become a busy through route and commuter zone.
Traffic jams, pollution and growing vulnerability to fuel price hikes are among the pressures taking their toll on local motorists.
We're working to boost more sociable, savvy ways of travelling on the Black Isle.
Contact email@example.com to share your ideas and find out more.
- Wednesday 22 January
- 13:00 MOO Food - Burns lunch for over 65s
- Saturday 25 January
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Thursday 30 January
- 19:00 'Our Common Home' Inverness Study for Action Session Part 2
- Saturday 1 February
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Sunday 2 February
- 11:30 Culbokie Community Orienteering Event - Volunteers needed
- Tuesday 4 February
- 19:00 This Changes Everything film Muir Hub 7.00
- Saturday 8 February
- 12:00 Greenpeace Protect the Oceans event North Kessock
- Sunday 9 February
- NA Amy La Vere and Will Sexton at Resolis
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory