Black Isle Active Travel Map
An updated edition of the fantastic green travel map of the Black Isle originally produced by Helen Stirling for the Million Miles project is now available from shops and tourist outlets all over the Black Isle for just 30p.
The Black Isle Travel Map is a double-sided A2 folded to A5, featuring:
• Suggested routes for cycling (including designated paths, off-road tracks, quiet roads and main roads)
• Cycle parking and bike shops;
• A summary table and highlighted routes for each of the thirteen Community Cycle Links;
• Information about the outdoor access code;
• Numbered bus routes, bus stops and train stations;
• Signposting to Traveline Scotland, hitravel.liftshare and other Transition Black Isle services (e.g. www.blackislebicycles.co.uk and cycleroutes.transitionblackisle.org);
• Amenities (e.g. schools, cafés, shops) and places of interest (e.g. dolphin watching, viewpoints);
• Nine detailed inset maps covering all of the major settlements on the Black Isle.
Unfortunately, owing to timetable and route changes since the map was published, bus route numbers on the map are now incorrect.
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Ross-shire Science and Eco Day Strathpeffer
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
- Saturday 27 April
- 15:00 Four in One - As Spring Celebration
- 15:00 Culbokie Community Trust Spring Celebration
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 1 May
- NA TBI Admin Meeting Julian's 7.30
- Saturday 4 May
- NA Green Living Expo Inverness
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory