Black Isle Active Travel Map
An updated edition of the fantastic green travel map of the Black Isle originally produced by Helen Stirling for the Million Miles project is being prepared and will be available from the usual outlets later in the spring.
The Black Isle Travel Map is a double-sided A2 folded to A5, featuring:
• Suggested routes for cycling (including designated paths, off-road tracks, quiet roads and main roads)
• Cycle parking and bike shops;
• A summary table and highlighted routes for each of the thirteen Community Cycle Links;
• Information about the outdoor access code;
• Numbered bus routes, bus stops and train stations;
• Signposting to Traveline Scotland, hitravel.liftshare and other Transition Black Isle services (e.g. www.blackislebicycles.co.uk and cycleroutes.transitionblackisle.org);
• Amenities (e.g. schools, cafés, shops) and places of interest (e.g. dolphin watching, viewpoints);
• Nine detailed inset maps covering all of the major settlements on the Black Isle.
Unfortunately, owing to timetable and route changes since the map was published, bus route numbers on the map are now incorrect.
- Wednesday 12 August
- 17:30 Roots & Growth project, Munlochy - open online meeting
- Saturday 15 August
- 10:30 IncrEdible Inverness - IncrEdible Mintyness
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 22 August
- NA Nairn and District Gardening Club 38th Annual Show CANCELLED
- Saturday 29 August
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 5 September
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 12 September
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Tuesday 15 September
- NA Active Travel Conference Perth - CANCELLED
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory