From the website https://www.cyclinguk.org
Cycling UK’s vision is of a healthier, happier and cleaner world, because more people cycle.
We want people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to be able to cycle safely, easily and enjoyably.
Cycling UK has championed the cause of cycling for almost 140 years. We promote all forms of cycling, protect the interests of existing and would-be cyclists, and inspire people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to discover the joys of cycling.
As an independent, democratic and expert organisation, our activities reflect the commitment of our members, volunteers and partners to make cycling mainstream, making a lasting difference to the lives of individuals and communities.
Cycling UK contacts updated
Fiona Johnston is Senior North Area Project Officer, and main contact for Cycling UK in the Highlands.
There are also several project-based Development Officers, including Amanda Wagstaffe
Mobile: 07833 938938
Big Bike Revival (Cycling UK)
Download pdf with the answers
The Big Bike Revival is here!
We all remember those carefree childhood days with the breeze in our hair and the freedom to go wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted on our bike.
Few things in life are better than a cycle ride, whether it’s a trip to visit friends, a daily commute or a pedal to the countryside.
Whether you’re still a regular cyclist or you haven’t been on a bike for years, there are lots of ways for you to get out and about on two wheels.What's the problem?
Adults in Britain appear to be aware of cycling and its potential for shorter journeys and a large proportion have bikes but are at present not making use of them.
- High volume of Cycle Ownership (42%)
- Low levels of cycle usage (63% not cycled in the past year)
- Propensity to use the car for short trips that could be made by cycle (37% of adults)
How do we fix this?
The Big Bike Revival is a social marketing programme providing an opportunity to:
- Carry out basic repairs e.g. fix a puncture
- Cycle safely on and off road
- Donate your old bikes
- Buy a recycled bike
- Get advice about local cycle routes, clubs or activities
The programme is supported by the Department for Transport and by Transport Scotland delivered in partnership with Bike Re-cycle centres.More information
Visit our Big Bike Revival website to find events near you or email the Big Bike Revival team in England on firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the Big Bike Revival in Scotland on email@example.com.
Contact your local Cycling UK cycling development officer to find out how Cycling UK can help you!
- Tuesday 17 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Resist imaginatively
- Wednesday 18 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a thriving social economy
- 18:00 SCCAN 'Climate for Change' conversation
- 14:00 70th Anniversary of the Simon’s Loch Tragedy
- Thursday 19 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a Regenerative and Fairer Food System
- 16:00 Carbon emissions – you, your home, your property – what can you do?
- Saturday 21 May
- 10:00 Grow North 2022 Workshop 3
- Saturday 28 May
- 10:30 BIHS Spring Plant Sale
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory