Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Potato day: spin-offs and spins-in
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Food Group -> Food Group General DiscussionMessage format

Agric
Posted 2011-01-16 22:32 (#507)
Subject: Potato day: spin-offs and spins-in

Veteran

Some of this will depend on venue / date / time.

It makes sense to have a TBI stand. Possibly some of those organisations mentioned in the 'Potato day: demand' post would want to have a prescence also.

If the venue allows we could try to get people (eg from suppliers) to give talks in a side room about potato and / or transition things. This has worked well at other potato days I've attended.

Aside: I need to contact some other potato day event organisers and ask them for tips.

We should run a seed swap at the potato day.

If this runs as an add on to an existing event like a community market then it could be done as a 2 hour slot. If it's a standalone event it would be better to make it more adventurous, more additional happenings. The problem with that is we are perilously short on time so would need to come up with and progress those extras very soon.

I'll be able to provide some other extras like jerusalem artichokes for planting, a few horseradish thongs; Paul could do some trees; I could ask Duncan if he'dlike to bring some Poyntzfield herbs. Any similar ideas?

It provides a good focus to provide information. Will force me to produce something on growing potatoes, potato varieties; any Grow North stuff we have ready; can kick start that happening here. I could try Alan Romans for a supply of his book and pamphlet on potatoes on a sale or return basis.

We could even run a kind of 'gardeners question time'. I could do veg, Duncan might do herbs, need a flower person.

Please contribute your thoughts.

My head hurts now, after a 6 hour TBI what next session and these potato day posts. I hope to return sometime Monday to see a deluge of response, continue this discussion, and conjure a TBI transport subgroup into motion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software