Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Potato day: pricing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Food Group -> Food Group General DiscussionMessage format

Agric
Posted 2011-02-19 01:26 (#564)
Subject: Potato day: pricing

Veteran

There is going to be a fundamental split in the cost of different potatoes. Those sourced locally and in 25kg bags will be about half the price of those bought in smaller quantities. If I was sure that demand might near exhaust supply I would go for pricing the former at 10p per tuber and the latter at 20p per tuber (about what you pay buying bags of 10 tubers in garden centres). But, given that I've had no useful feedback at all on probable demand and if sales don't meet cost the loss will be straight out of my pocket I'm inclined to go for a 15p / 20p split.

Does anyone have any brighter ideas? How can I forecast probable demand so I can order accurately enough to sell some at 10p? Or should I just sell all at 20p or 15p? Is anyone going to buy enough that the difference between 10p and 20p per tuber is significant to them compared to the benefit of choice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Martin
Posted 2011-02-21 22:11 (#565 - in reply to #564)
Subject: Re: Potato day: pricing

Veteran

You could say 20p/ tuber, but a reduced price for more than 10 tubers of the cheaper ones? That way you avoid selling out of the ones in short supply, but anyone who wants to buy in bulk can get a good deal, so long as they buy from the ones in long supply (if that makes any sense). And if people are buying less than 10 tubers, it doesn't make all that much difference whether it's 10p or 20p.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software