Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tattie day was...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Food Group -> Food Group General DiscussionMessage format

Agric
Posted 2011-03-08 22:48 (#579)
Subject: Tattie day was...

Veteran

...appallingly organised - part due to a late booking of 5 B&B guests for saturday night that stole all my time I needed for final preparation - but more due to me not doing enough in advance of that. Then a failed printer cartridge, our last, stopped me printing all the notes on varieties that were needed.

Despite all that and more it went surprisingly well. I'm pretty sure it covered its costs and there are still a good number of seed potatoes left. along with a delivery that hasn't arrived yet, I'll list these here for people to request and probably hawk them round the community markets later this month.

Over 200 people visited, I guess; they used nearly 500 bags to take away their different varieties; some came from as far as Forres and Nairn. It certainly proved the principle that a potato day is worth having and economically viable. The Ross-shire Journal did a nice article and trailed it a week earlier - well done Teen.

Next year perhaps a team of 3 could tackle it and do it much better, especially if started earlier! If I'm around I'll be happy to be involved; if not I'll have passed on my 'lessons learned' to help them. So, pretty good, all things considered, but a low bar to be vastly improved on next year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Martin
Posted 2011-03-09 09:13 (#586 - in reply to #579)
Subject: Re: Tattie day was...

Veteran

It sounds a great success, well done Agric, sorry I couldn't make it. Incidentally, we took a chance and planted a few earlies in the polytunnel at the beginning of last week (26th Feb to be precise). Our neighbours in Culbokie reckon they generally plant a few round about the end of Feb and get a crop in May. I know Agric sucks his teeth and shakes his head at the idea, we'll report back!
Bob Bull
Posted 2011-03-09 14:12 (#588 - in reply to #579)
Subject: RE: Tattie day was...

What a shockingly good event- Well done Agric. The Black Isle has to have the greatest concentration of Tattie experts in the UK.

What next? Bean day? Pea week???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software