Neil Kitching - Carbon choices
Scottish author's new book on climate change
Scottish geographer and energy specialist Neil Kitching has sent us a summary of his new book 'Carbon Choices' on the common-sense solutions to our climate and nature crises.
"Carbon Choices tells the greatest story on planet Earth. How one group of sociable animals came to emit 40 billion tonnes (40,000,000,000) of an invisible gas each year, unwittingly changing the chemistry of the atmosphere and the oceans, and steadily destroying the life support systems that humans and wildlife depend on. It takes a fresh perspective on how the excessive consumption by wealthier people has unwittingly driven us into climate and wildlife crises, and considers the psychology that drives us to buy more ‘stuff’ and whether this makes us happier."
- Tuesday 17 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Resist imaginatively
- Wednesday 18 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a thriving social economy
- 18:00 SCCAN 'Climate for Change' conversation
- 14:00 70th Anniversary of the Simon’s Loch Tragedy
- Thursday 19 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a Regenerative and Fairer Food System
- 16:00 Carbon emissions – you, your home, your property – what can you do?
- Saturday 21 May
- 10:00 Grow North 2022 Workshop 3
- Saturday 28 May
- 10:30 BIHS Spring Plant Sale
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory