'Muir Matters' Winter issue out now
02 December 2019
The Winter issue of Muir of Ord's excellent community magazine is out now, and available from the Muir Hub and most shops in the village for £1.00.
The editorial notes the success of the Muir of Ord Development Trust, which runs the Muir Hub and Village Hall, in being named as Social Enterprise of the Year by Highland Third Sector Interface (HTSI), and reviews the content of the magazine.
This includes reports on a wide range of village activities, as well as articles on local natural history, archaeology and weather, the Black Isle Farmers Society and Willie Logan and the beginnings of Loganair. There is winter garden advice from MOO Food, an excellent article on TBI by Teen Ross and news about the planned restoration of Fairburn Tower by the Landmark Trust.
Lots of interesting reading and great value at £1.00.
- 04/08/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 02/08/2020 Black Isle Partnership newsletter - Covid-19 recovery and other issues
- 30/07/2020 Back to School Grant
- 26/07/2020 CCT newsletter
- 22/07/2020 Fast fashion abuses close to home but not really news
- 20/07/2020 Greta's Year - Humanity has not yet failed
- 18/07/2020 Planet Sutherland newsletter
- 17/07/2020 Garden Challenges from Black Isle Horticultural Society
- 12/07/2020 Campain group calls for stronger Environment laws
- 08/07/2020 'Third Sector' job opportunities with HTSI and others