Covid-19 - Local and national information
08 March 2021
On 2 March First Minister Nicola Sturgeon made a statement to Parliament announcing an update on school re-opening and the resumption of some competitive football.
The First Minister's 2 March statement
A separate statement was made the previous weekend about new rules for visiting in care homes.
20 February statement on care home visiting
Local protection levels by area (with postcode checker)
Scottish Government general Covid-19 advice
Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant
The Scottish Government has announced a new Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant for individuals who are in receipt of low-income benefits and who will lose income as a result of being required to self-isolate to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
If you have been asked by NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020, either because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant.
4 March NHS Highland Covid-19 update
All Community Markets, Grow North workshops and face to face meetings are cancelled until further notice. Where possible, meetings and discussions will be held online.
4 February Cafes and restaurants takeaway/delivery update. Try a takeaway from one of our many local cafes, restaurants and catering services offering a collection or home delivery service.
Information and advice from The Black Isle Partnership, which is co-ordinating support and Scottish Government funding to local communities during the Covid-19 crisis, is available at http://www.black-isle.info/coronavirus.asp
Latest coronavirus developments and changes to key services.
Website www.highland.gov.uk/corona virus
As many Black Isle community councils are playing an important part in the response to Covid-19 we have updated our information to include email contacts, office holders and website addresses for all Black Isle and two neighbouring community councils.
General information Contacts and office holders
23 April Ferintosh CC's new website has useful information
2 April MOO Food Website
SUPPORT GROUPS - If you live local to Muir of Ord and need some support or help, whether to get food, medicines or you just need a friendly person to chat to, give Hannah at The Hub a ring 01463 870588 (Monday – Friday 10-4pm) or Lyn at MOO Food 07419 129851 (Weekends 10am-4pm).
- 08/03/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 06/03/2021 Transition 'What next?' summit 3 - 20 March
- 04/03/2021 Last few days to complete Black Isle Litter Survey ends 9 March
- 02/03/2021 Highland Wholefoods Spring Newsletter
- 25/02/2021 Spring Plant Sale in May? News from BIHS
- 24/02/2021 Black Isle Photographic Competition 2021
- 23/02/2021 Climate Week North East 2021
- 22/02/2021 Newsletters - BITT, FCC and BIP hot on the heels of CCT - and Cromarty Live and CAT join the list
- 12/02/2021 NOW INTO SECOND WEEK - Free online course on mitigating climate change starts 15 February
- 06/02/2021 Croft for sale - Drynie Park near Muir of Ord