Covid-19 - Local and national information
30 November 2020
On 24 November First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced a review of the Covid-19 restriction levels which left the area designations unchanged except for moving East Lothian from level 3 to level 2.
The First Minister's statement to Parliament
Guidance for the Christmas period
Local protection levels by area (with postcode checker)
Scottish Government general Covid-19 advice
All Community Markets, Grow North workshops and face to face meetings are cancelled until further notice. Where possible, meetings and discussions will be held online. Julie Shortreed is collecting information about the availability of local food suppliers and food and other retailers on the News page of Our Local Larder website
Information and advice from The Black Isle Partnership, which is co-ordinating support and Scottish Government funding to local communities during the Covid-19 crisis, is available at http://www.black-isle.info/coronavirus.asp
Latest coronavirus developments and changes to key services.
Website www.highland.gov.uk/corona virus
As many Black Isle community councils are playing an important part in the response to Covid-19 we have updated our information to include email contacts, office holders and website addresses for all Black Isle and two neighbouring community councils.
General information Contacts and office holders
23 April Ferintosh CC's new website has useful information
2 April MOO Food Website
SUPPORT GROUPS - If you live local to Muir of Ord and need some support or help, whether to get food, medicines or you just need a friendly person to chat to, give Hannah at The Hub a ring 01463 870588 (Monday – Friday 10-4pm) or Lyn at MOO Food 07419 129851 (Weekends 10am-4pm).
25 March 2020 Highland Council helpline
The Highland Council has launched a free helpline to give assistance and to collect details of individuals and community groups looking to provide volunteering support during Covid19. The number will be live from 2pm Wednesday 25 March.
The single line number – 0300 303 1362 – will connect callers to relevant Council specialist teams and will operate Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. All calls are free.
- 30/11/2020 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 28/11/2020 TOMORROW - Planet Sutherland and SCCAN online event Saturday 5 December
- 26/11/2020 More new stuff on the website
- 24/11/2020 Scotland's Climate Assembly meets for the first time - but Extinction Rebellion walks out
- 05/11/2020 CCT news - Work to start on Glascairn site
- 04/11/2020 New Monthly Digest from 'The Ecologist'
- 27/10/2020 News from Transition Network
- 26/10/2020 Consultation on restrictions to single-use plastics
- 20/10/2020 Findon Hall re-roofed and refurbished
- 18/10/2020 Newsletters received, changes at RVA